The Agristurismo, All’Ombra del Sughero (In the Shadow of the Cork), is located at Contrada Cimarella 11 in the town of Macerata, in a hilly area typical of the Le Marche countryside characterized by cultivated fields, vineyards, olive groves and woods rich in the various species of trees, bushes and vegetation found in central Italy. The name derives from the presence of a beautiful old cork oak tree (Quercus suber or cork oak) within its courtyard. All’Ombra del Sughero is ideally located for spending a relaxing holiday in perfect harmony with the surrounding nature, where you can enjoy every comfort available within the complex. In the garden, you can enjoy the different seasons surrounded by the scents of the countryside. The peace and quiet form a backdrop to the fantastic landscape with panoramic views and glimpses of rolling hills that seem to tag up to the sea. Guests are welcome to use the swimming pool or relax in the jacuzzi area. For day trippers and lovers of culture and gastronomy, it is possible to reach interesting places and surrounding villages by foot, car or with bicycles borrowed from us. There are the adjacent ruins at Helvia Recina and the nearby Montecassiano as well as other points of interest, plus exhibitions, cultural and food & wine events. Among the many natural, historic and artistic attractions in the region of Le Marche, here a few: the city of Recanati and museum of renowned Italian poet and philosopher, Giacomo Leopardi; the Sferisterio of Macerata, an open-air stadium with its summer opera season; the Basilica of Loreto with the Santa Casa or Holy House, claimed birthplace of Mary said to have been brought to Loreto by Angels; the Monti Sibillini National Park in the mountains, the Conero Regional Park rising out of the Adriatic; the Frasassi Caves, the largest underground cave system in Europe; the natural reserve of the Chiaravalle Abbey of Fiastra, one of the best preserved Cistercian abbeys in Italy; the Archeological Park area of Urbisaglia, with ongoing excavation, and its Roman theater; the cities of Urbino. Ascoli Piceno, Ancona, and the beautiful beaches, some of the most attractive destinations of the Central Apennines, reachable by car in less than half an hour.
The building is the subject of renovation and restoration that completed in June 2015 date back to the years prior in 1892/95. It consists of 2 contiguous portions of which one has the most architectural value, originally destined as Villa or mansion, also known as “Casino Bianchini” and the rest of the part is farmhouse. In later ages in its construction were added volumes inappropriate (superfoetations) and bodies independent accessories intended for the animals and tools. For many years, the building has remained unused and abandoned until you have acquired from the farm “Molinette”, in 2010 started the interventions of recovery aimed at restoring its original characteristics. Within the court detects the presence of a centuries-old oak tree (Quercus suber) better known as the “cork”, a species particularly rare in our region. The trunk is characterized by a thick bark with irregular branches that form a canopy wide (with a width greater than 15 meters), rich in leaves of color dark green. The fruit and the typical acorn with the dome of scales of gray color, has an age of about 160 years.
The welcomingly designed agriturismo, originally a villa and farmhouse, consists of the restored three story main building and two separate renovated cottages, all beside a covered parking area. The property is accessible via a tree-lined drive from SS362 (Strada Statale 362 Jesina), inside a spacious, landscaped yard with an English garden and a swimming pool reserved exclusively for guests.
The main building includes 8 apartments each with its own access, one of which is suitable for people with disabilities. Two of these are suites with access via an internal staircase to an additional bathroom with shower on one side and an additional bathroom with shower, whirlpool and infrared sauna on the other.
All of the apartments, including the 2 single story cottages, are equipped with independently controlled heating and air conditioning, TV in the living area and in the bedroom(s), kitchen area with crockery, refrigerator, oven, induction hob, and dishwasher (some units also have a washing machine). The living area of each unit is furnished with a 2 seater sofa, that can be easily converted to a bed. There is a free Wi-Fi network which extends externally to the pool area.
Apartments are :
1. OLMO (Elm) – a 43 sm apartment located on the ground floor of the main building, usually the residence of onsite personnel, ensuring 24 hour/7 day a week service.
2. ROVERE SUITE (Oak Suite) – a 40 sm apartment suite located on the first floor of the main house; living room with sofa bed, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom, plus access to an 80 sm attic area with large bathroom and relaxation area.
3. LECCIO (Holly Oak) – a 48 sm apartment located on the first floor of the main building, consisting of living room with sofa bed, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom.
4. ULIVO (Olive) – a 46 sm apartment, located on the ground floor, consisting of living room with sofa bed, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom.
5. GELSO (Mulbery) – a 55 sm apartment located on the ground floor of the main building, disabled accessible. The unit consists of large living room with sofa bed, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom.
6. NOCE ( Walnut) – a 50 sm apartment, located on the first floor, consisting of living room with sofa bed, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom.
7. SUGHERO SUITE PLUS (Cork Oak) – a 44 sm apartment, located on the first floor with living room (including sofa bed), kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom plus access to 73 sm relaxation area with large bathroom with shower, hot tub and infrared sauna.
8. CERRO (Turkey Oak) – a 41 sm apartment on the ground floor, consisting of living room with sofa bed, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom.
9. PLATANO (Sycamore) – a 60 sm 2 bedroom cottage, living room with sofa bed and fireplace, kitchen, double bedroom, single bedroom and bathroom. The independent unit is equipped with a pergola and large flagstone patio outside.
10. FAGGIO (Beech) – a 70 sm 2 bedroom cottage, living room with sofa bed and fireplace, kitchen, double bedroom, single bedroom and bathroom. The independent unit is equipped with a pergola and large flagstone patio outside.